A Governance Officer is required for a permanent role with British Transport Police Authority paying £34,502.89 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
The Authority’s primary statutory purpose is to secure the maintenance of an efficient and effective police force for the railways through British Transport Police. BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day BTP ensures the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Governance Officer you will support the delivery of the governance structure including managing committee work programmes; commissioning, quality assuring and distributing papers; action tracking and minute taking for the Executive Review Group, all standing committees and the Full Authority.
Key activities of the Governance Officer include:
- Manage the Executive Review Group process including collating and distributing papers, noting and tacking actions
- Deal with governance related enquiries in the first instance and escalating to the Head of Governance and compliance where necessary
- Drafting and coordination of briefing material for the Chief Executive and chair and undertaking ad hoc research as required
- Administering all Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests and ensure compliance with statutory requirements
Key requirements for the Governance Officer include:
- A graduate or equivalent work experience within an executive level or board environment
- Excellent organisational skills with an aptitude for forward-planning and multitasking
- Confident communicator with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills
In return for your experience as Governance Officer, we can offer you:
- Salary of £34,502.89 including London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
HOW TO APPLY: The closing date for applications is Friday 19th January. Applicants should review the attached document that details more information on the role and the application process. A CV and supporting statement should then be sent to BTPArecruitment@btp.pnn.police.uk *NO OTHER FORM OF APPLICATION OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR ACCEPTED*
This opportunity is closed to applications.