Portfolio Excellence Manager
A Portfolio Excellence Manager is required on a permanent contract paying £37,212.10 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
British Transport Police (BTP) provides a vital policing service to Britain’s railways, the rail operators, their staff and passengers across the country. We are a specialist force, highly responsive to railway issues alongside our policing mission to keep the public safe and protect vulnerable people. Our vision is to work with the rail industry to deliver a safe, secure, reliable and expanding transport system. To achieve that we have developed a new operating model that will see us transform our services and how we deliver them. This is the most significant transformation we have undertaken and we need your help. As a Portfolio Excellence Manager you will set and deploy P3M3 standards and methods for the delivery of the BTP portfolio of programmes and projects; ensuring that programme and projects are working towards successful outcomes that are delivered on time and within budget through the use best practice methods and high-quality outputs.
As a Portfolio Excellence Manager you will be required to:
- Lead, and manage the creation, continuous improvement, and consistent use of P3M3 methodologies, governance, and standards across the portfolio; setting and communicating processes and standards; and embedding good practice.
- Ensure that there is effective provision of hands on support and guidance to programme and project managers in the effective application of P3M3 methodologies and standards
- Ownership of the portfolio prioritisation methodology and its application, running the regular prioritisation process and ensuring that the process is aligned to the Strategic Plan and medium term financial planning and budget-setting processes.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Portfolio Excellence Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner, or MSP or other recognised PPM qualification
- Experience of implementing or assuring projects and/or programmes and developing organisational structures and systems that lead to increased organisational effectiveness or that significantly contribute to strategic objectives.
If you are interested in applying to this Portfolio Excellence Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £37,212.10 plus £2520 London Allowance if applicable
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.