Programme & Project Manager Co-ordinator
A Programme & Project Manager Co-ordinator is required on a permanent contract paying £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
British Transport Police (BTP) provides a vital policing service to Britain’s railways, the rail operators, their staff and passengers across the country. We are a specialist force, highly responsive to railway issues alongside our policing mission to keep the public safe and protect vulnerable people. Our vision is to work with the rail industry to deliver a safe, secure, reliable and expanding transport system. To achieve that we have developed a new operating model that will see us transform our services and how we deliver them. This is the most significant transformation we have undertaken and we need your help. As a Programme & Project Manager Co-ordinator with BTP you will to provide an effective co-ordination, monitoring and configuration management service to the Transformation Portfolio Group, and act as a first line provider of advice and guidance to Programme and Project Managers..
As a Programme & Project Manager Co-ordinator you will be required to:
- Gather data from programme and project managers to update the portfolio databases and ensure the sound exercise of configuration management (i.e. ensuring all databases match each other and the required structure of the portfolio).
- Co-ordinate workshops, briefings and training events designed to assist Programme and Project managers in improving their effectiveness and delivering successfully.
- Develop, maintain and hold responsibility for the central P3M3 (Portfolio, Programme and Project) tracking databases and act as the point of contact for all service delivery and analytical requests in relation to this.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Programme & Project Manager Co-ordinator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Degree in a relevant discipline or relevant work experience
- Extensive experience of working in a co-ordination role in a fast paced office environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills. For example, the ability to positively influence stakeholders and senior employees in an appropriate way to achieve positive outcomes.
If you are interested in applying to this Programme & Project Manager Co-ordinator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance if applicable
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.