Pay & Benefits Manager
A Pay & Benefits Manager is required on a 12 month fixed term contract paying £41,106.61 plus £2,520 London Allowance (if applicable) with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham or London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Pay & Benefits Manager with BTP you will lead the delivery of pay and benefits research activity for BTP to inform pay and benefits strategy, policy and plans ensuring they are equitable and in line with BTP’s policing and business objectives.
Responsible for horizon scanning to best position HR and BTP for future changes in pay, benefits and pension legislation / best practice and to look for opportunities for continuous improvement. Responsible for pay and benefits audit requirements to ensure that BTP complies with all required standards and regulatory requirements.
As a Pay & Benefits Manager you will be required to:
- Pay and Benefits (including Pensions) Strategy / Plans– Under the direction of the Head of People & Development, design, develop and deliver a pay and benefits strategy and annual plans to demonstrate delivery against this strategy for all employee groups in support of BTP’s policing and business objectives.
- Pay and Benefits (including Pensions) Policy – Support the HR Policy and Engagement Team to develop Pay and Benefits Policies that are fit for purpose, are legally compliant and meet the needs of colleagues and customers.
- Pay Modelling –
- Research and analyse BTP business issues, problems, trends and market comparisons and make appropriate recommendations to senior HR management, to ensure pay and benefits strategy is informed by market conditions and good pay practice.
- Compile annual data return for Hay PayNet survey, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Police Staff –
- Under the direction of the senior HR Management team, project manage and coordinate the annual pay review cycle, ensuring the decisions on pay are made (through analysis and the preparation of papers to facilitate the decision making process) and are communicated and implemented in a smooth and timely manner.
- Police Officers -
- Provide BTP’s contribution to national lead bodies on pay, benefits and contract terms, seeking to ensure outcomes are effective, affordable and, in so far as is practical, aligned with BTP’s pay and benefits strategy.
- Job Evaluation (Staff, PCSO’s and Others) –
- Work collaboratively with peers to provide specialist advice around roles in existing/proposed organisational structures to enable the preparation of appropriate job descriptions. Quality assure job descriptions and refer back if they do not comply with organisation design principles.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Pay & Benefits Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Minimum MCIPD (or working towards it currently) or other relevant qualification in Pay and Benefits or equivalent experience.
- Thoroughly trained in Job evaluation; job analysis; organisational analysis; reward policy and practice; using pay surveys; ideally from Hay.
- Professional, persuasive and influential. Able to command the confidence of senior operational managers, employees, trade unions, external partners and other stakeholders.
- Proven management skills – able to manage “upwards” as the subject matter expert as well as down.
- A challenging, dynamic and creative team player, who is collaborative but who leads by example.
- Ability to be decisive and hold to account.
If you are interested in applying to this Pay & Benefits Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £41,106.61 plus £2,520 London Allowance (if applicable)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.