Occupational Health Advisor, Manchester/Leeds
A Occupational Health Advisor is required on a permanent basis paying up to £38,066.84 (inclusive of £4,042.49 Market supplement) with British Transport Police (BTP). This post can be based from Manchester or Leeds but there will be an expectation to travel between the locations.This position is a full time post however compressed hours or 4 days per week will also be considered.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Occupational Health Advisor with BTP you will be a qualified RGN with a specialist qualification in Occupation Health.
As an Occupational Health Advisor you will be required to:
- Provide occupational health advice on department cases to Area/FHQ management teams in accordance with the OH service delivery specification and agreed standards of work.
- Complete occupational health assessments on ill health, TDR and return to duty.
- Liaise with external agencies as required to exchange information in support of a proactive and timely approach to case management.
- Maintain up to date, accurate, confidential written and computer records on all contacts, including actions and referrals in line with BTP OH record-keeping standards and legislative requirements.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Occupational Health Advisor will be required to have the following qualifications and evidence the following skills:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and hold an OH qualification at certificate, diploma or degree level.
- Proficient in producing clear, legible concise and accurate records, letters and reports on OH issues.
- Professional, persuasive and influential. Able to command the confidence of senior operational managers, employees, trade unions, external partners and other stakeholders.
- Existing experience within Occupational Health.
If you are interested in applying to this Occupational Health Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Upto £38,066.84 (Inclusive of Market Supplement)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.