Transferee and Re-Joiner Detective Constables - Multiple Locations (Crime Investigation)
At the British Transport Police we’re currently recruiting Transferee’s and Re-joiners at Constable rank across the country and we want to hear from you!
We value the experience that you can bring to our organisation whether a current serving Officer or re-joiner who has retired, or resigned from their previous Force. We are committed to supporting a smooth transition to BTP with a simplified recruitment process and dedicated training plan.
We are currently recruiting for qualified Detectives at the following locations:
- Birmingham CID
- Liverpool CID
- Brighton CID
- Inner London CID
- Manchester (Major, Serious and Organised Crime - MSOC)
So what can we offer that other Forces cannot?
BTP are a specialist Force that police and protect 10,000 miles of track and 3000 railway stations everyday; we are at the heart of Britain’s community, commerce and industry. Our jurisdiction is transient in nature which creates unique and rewarding challenges.
We work hard to protect the public and those who work in and around our transport hubs by promoting law and order on the rail network, preventing crime and providing a reassuring presence. We are a Force that cares and strives to meet the ever changing demands of our key stakeholders and partners. We are a modern and inclusive workforce offering geographical flexibility, better work/life balance and a commitment to our staff and Officer development.
Here at BTP you will have the chance to excel in your career and broaden your skillset whether that be through promotion or by applying for a specialist role.
How to apply?
The recruitment process is simple! Please select the ‘apply’ button below where you will be directed to the application form. Here you will be asked some basic eligibility questions followed by questions on your understanding of BTP, the role you have applied to and some competency and skills based questions.
During the process you will be asked to upload a copy of your latest PDR. If you are unable to provide this due to length of time away from previous Force, then please upload a blank document in its place.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
- We welcome applications from Officers who are serving or have served in a Home Office Police Force
- Those applying on a transferee basis must be substantive in the rank of Constable, having completed the full probationary period
- Those applying to re-join service must have satisfactorily completed their probationary period and resigned or retired from that force. There is currently no time limit restriction in place for re-joiners, we will consider all ex-officers on application
- Applicants must have lived in the UK for 3 consecutive years prior to application
- Applicants must not be currently subject to any unsatisfactory performance reviews/ action plans or live warnings. We are unable to vet someone who is currently under investigation at their current Force therefore we would ask you to apply to BTP once the matter is resolved
- Applicants with an existing CCJ or unmanaged IVA will not be able to apply. We are also not able to accept applications from those currently bankrupt
Role Specific Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be PIP2 qualified Detectives (or have been within 3 years). Re-joiners who fall outside of this will be considered on a case by case basis and may be required to re-complete the National Investigators Exam and CID pathway if successful.
- Applicants applying to the MSOC Unit at Manchester will preferably have previous experience in a similar role however, this is not essential. They must also have an understanding of MIRSAP and HOLMES to apply. Successful candidates may be deployed at locations across the country in line with operational requirements.
If you have any queries in relation to your eligibility we would encourage you to email the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org prior to application.
Please note: re-joiner applicants may be subject to a training needs analysis as required on joining BTP. Depending on the length of time out of service or any notable skills gaps training could be anywhere from 2 to 18 weeks and may include Work-Based Assessment. Training requirements cannot be assessed on a speculative basis and this will be discussed during your induction.
Attached you will find our Transferee/Re-joiner recruitment pack which offers vital information on pay and pensions as well as other FAQs! The recruitment team also welcome any questions via email on Recruitmentteam@btp.police.uk. If you would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team please leave your name and number on your email and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Some of our locations attract an allowance in addition to basic salary, attached you will find a breakdown of these allowances by station.
This opportunity is closed to applications.