Desktop Support Engineer
A Desktop Support Engineer is required for a Fixed Term Contract for 12 Months role paying up to £30,478.84 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in British Transport Police, Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Desktop Support Engineer you will be responsible for the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system life-cycle, including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents relating to end user hardware ad integrated software.
In addition to the above, as Desktop Support Engineer you will be required to:
- Manage and record keeping of the desktops, laptops, software licences and spare parts.
- As a team you will support and upkeep the maintenance of 2,800 of desktops and 600 laptops.
- Provide triage, diagnostics and remedial work in specialist fields.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Desktop Support Engineer will be required to evidence the following skills & qualifications.
- Accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- A good standard of advanced education
- Good experience of working in a customer focussed desktop or end-user support function covering personal computing devices and end-user software installations and support.
- Experience of incident resolution, requests, changes and problem solving activities delivered to agreed SLAs.
- Good experience of developing and managing excellent customer relations.
- Intel based end-user hardware
- MS SCCM 2012 onwards
- MS Active Directory
- MS Office Suite 2010 and O365
- MS Windows 7 and 10
- Networking concepts (incl. security, firewalls and TCP/IP)
- Printer installations and trouble shooting
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £30,478.84 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance plus 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and company benefits
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.ion and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.