Senior HR Advisor - (12 month FTC)
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit a Senior HR Advisor on a 12 month FTC. The starting salary for this post is £38,905.25 per annum based in Birmingham City Centre (although travel to other BTP locations is required).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Senior HR Advisor you will provide Senior HR generalist resilience across the Force; ensuring appropriate advice, guidance and practical support is given to line managers and staff on a range of HR related issues within BTP policy/ procedure and relevant legislative requirements. The successful candidate will also support with more complex cases as escalated by the HR Advisors and work closely with the HR manager to ensure effective HR delivery.
As Senior HR Advisor you will be required to:
- Provide generalist HR support and advice to BTP employee's
- As directed, work with the SMT to ensure the HR service provided supports HR, Area and Force Objectives
- Personally deliver on complex case management issues as escalated by HR Advisors
- Act as first point of escalation for support groups, Federation and TSSA
- Work collaboratively with other teams including the Resource and Workforce Planning Team to develop and deliver operationally aligned and intelligence based workforce plans that meet the needs of the business
- Work on and contribute toward BTP HR projects when directed by the HR Manager
- Attend and contribute effectively to all appropriate HR meetings and BTP operational meetings as required
- Manage customer and colleague relationships (internally and externally) so as to maximise the effectiveness of BTP and BTP HR and ensure good reputation of both
- Maintain and develop own knowledge of BTP plans, operations and activities, HR practices and developments and own personal skills within the framework of guidance and support provided by BTP
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant BTP record-keeping and information management practices and keep records of own work and manage related information in line with those policies
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description
. The successful Senior HR Advisor will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Minimum MCIPD qualified (or working towards it currently) or equivalent experience
- A successful track record in providing HR generalist work in a large, multi-disciplined operational organisation
- Able to command the confidence of senior operational managers, employees, trade unions, external partners and other stakeholders
If you are interested in applying then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary of £38,905.25
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.