Quality Assurance and Assessment Specialist
British Transport Police (BTP) is the national police force for Britain's rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
We are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance and Assessment Specialist to be based from our Learning and Development Centre in Highbury and Islington, on a Permanent basis. The salary for this position is £33,438.11 plus £2,634 London allowance.
Purpose of the Role:
The post exists to provide quality assurance of all training programmes and Trainers, as well as the development of training capability across BTP, to ensure that the highest quality training possible is provided by the L&D department and that external standards are met.
As a Quality Assurance and Assessment Specialist your principal accountabilities will include:
- Implementing and maintaining external quality assurance frameworks
- Quality assure new and existing training packages both internally and externally
- Provide training, ongoing development and assessment of trainers to ensure that they have the skills and necessary qualifications to adequately perform their roles.
The successful Quality Assurance and Assessment Specialist will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) qualification or equivalent nationally recognised Teaching/Training qualification at Level 4
- Assessor award at Level 3 (or equivalent qualification)
- Experience of working within a quality assurance role and training delivery
- Effective organisation, communication and management skills
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Ability to carry out training needs analysis
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £33,438.11 plus £2,634 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Benefits bespoke to BTP.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.