Career Development and Talent Management Advisor - 9 month FTC
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit a Career Development and Talent Management Advisor on a 9 month FTC for maternity cover. The starting salary for this post is £33,438.11 per annum and can be based in either Central London or Birmingham (London based candidates will also receive £2,634 London Weighting).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As CDTM Advisor you will deliver a varied portfolio of Career Development and Talent Management work in line with annual provision, providing advice, guidance and practical support to divisional line managers and People Business Partners. The successful candidate will coach identified employees through their professional and personal development, providing expertise and advice to all employees through 1:1 sessions, intranet provision and coaching sessions.
As a CDTM Advisor you will be required to:
- Personally deliver Career Development and Talent Management activities
- Coach staff at all levels of the organisation to develop and enhance performance, encouraging their self development and increasing overall performance
- Work with People Business Partners and with SMTs to ensure the CDTM service provided supports divisional and departmental needs
- Contribute to work on P&D and BTP wide projects acting as the CDTM subject matter expert
- Work collaboratively with resourcing and delivery colleagues ensuring that a seamless people service is provided to all end users. Design and deliver talent management initiatives including workshops to staff/ officers
- Design annual timetables of positive action classroom based courses working with relevant support groups to maximise effectiveness
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Career Development Talent Management Advisor will be required to evidence the following skills:
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience
- CMI Level 5 Coaching certificate or equivalent
- A successful track record in a Career Development and Talent Management role
- Ability to design, cost and plan CDTM activity
- Innovative and creative with effective coaching skills
- Good CDTM knowledge including up to date knowledge of applicable legislation, best practice principles and regulatory requirements
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £33,438.11 plus £2,634 London Allowance (if applicable)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.