Experienced Detective Constable - Financial Investigation
British Transport Police (BTP) police and protect 10,000 miles of track and 3,000 railway stations every day – a network that is at the heart of Britain’s community, commerce and industry. Join us and you’ll be providing specialist policing to a unique community in a unique environment, dealing with rewarding challenges that you won’t find in any other Force.
We are seeking an experienced Detective Constable as a Financial Investigator within our Major, Serious and Organised Crime (MSOC) unit. Whilst primarily based within central London (NW1), this position can be out-based and we are therefore happy to accept applications from those across the country to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The successful candidate will be at the forefront of mainstream financial investigations, promoting and applying relevant legislation and orders as a means of disrupting organised criminal gangs using the railway network. The Financial Investigator will conduct reactive confiscation investigations including the preparation and submission of evidence, leading on cash seizure investigations and providing specialist advice and support to members of the Force.
Please download the role profile and candidates information pack below for more details
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 4th November 2019.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
Before the BTP progresses your application, consideration will be given to a number of initial eligibility criteria. Therefore, please consider the following before completing an application:
- Candidates must be (or have been) substantive in the rank of Detective Constable, or above
- Candidates must have completed their statutory 2-year probation period as a Student Constable
- Candidates must be a PIP 2-qualified Detective
- Candidates must have NCA Financial Investigator and Confiscator accreditation and be fully up to date with CPD, or have been at the time of suspending your accreditation
- Candidates must currently be serving in a Home Office force, or have served in a Home Office force within the previous five years
- Candidates who have a current unsatisfactory performance review and/or a performance action plan in place may be rejected during the initial eligibility screening process
- Candidates must have no current findings of guilt in respect of any disciplinary actions or complaints
You will not be eligible to apply if you have an existing CCJ or IVA outstanding against you. Applicants who have been registered bankrupt will not be considered. Failure to disclose any of the above will lead to your application being rejected.
Applicants with a criminal record will be reviewed on a case by case basis, but may be rejected from the process dependent on the date and nature of the conviction. You are encouraged to email email@example.com if you have any queries on previous convictions.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application form by clicking the Apply button, below.
Please be advised that we do not accept CV’s or prospective applications for areas not listed. All applications will be subject to a paper sift in line with the required competencies and criteria for the role.