An Occurrence Management Unit (OMU) Operative is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £23,893.06 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London Police Station, London.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Occurrence Management Unit (OMU) Operative with BTP you will evaluate recorded crime in accordance with the Home Office Counting Rules (HOCR) and National Crime Recording Standards (NCRS) to ensure that where a crime has been committed the occurrence on Niche and PNC are updated with the appropriate outcome and disposal for all offences involved.
Ensure all data held on Niche in regard to each occurrence is completed to a satisfactory standard in relation to information subject to Home Office Returns and arrest record/disposal updates.
To support the Force in the management of data quality in relation to Home Office data returns and provide assurance in relation to Non-Crime Occurrences.
As Occurrence Management Unit (OMU) Operative you will be required to:
- Review all crime and apply the relevant Recorded Crime Outcome in accordance with Home Office Policy, quality assuring reports to ensure they are completed to a satisfactory standard in relation to information subject to Home Office Returns and arrest record/disposal updates.
- Process External Arrest Report (EAR), Standalone and Custody Arrest Report (CAR) tasks received from officers, ensuring information held on Niche is correct and correlates with the appropriate case file documentation, linking occurrences and returning tasks where required for further information and updating PNC with the relevant disposal for each offence.
- To ensure the Police National Computer (PNC) and Force Systems (NICHE) comply with the requirements of the Data Protection act and to keep systems updated with any relevant information obtained.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Occurrence Management Unit (OMU) Operative will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Evidence of having worked successfully in a busy office environment
- Experience in exercising diplomacy, tact and discretion in management sensitive and confidential matters
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload with minimal supervision
If you are interested in applying to this Occurrence Management Unit (OMU) Operative role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £23,893.06 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.