Corporate Communications Manager - Glasgow
Corporate Communications Manager
This role is based in our Force Headquarters in Glasgow, Scotland.
If you’re looking for a role in communications that brings together your exceptional skills in engaging communications and your sense of social responsibility then this is it.
An in-house team with an agency feel, the British Transport Police Corporate Communications team has recently restructured to offer a new specialist multi channelled approach to the national police force’s proactive external and internal communications. You will be responsible for building knowledge, understanding and relationships within the regional. This includes building excellent relationships with the media to amplify how BTP is tackling local issues, whilst ensuring regional media coverage of our award winning national campaigns. From preventing suicide to countering terrorism and reducing violent or sexual assaults – we can promise every day will be different.
Here at British Transport Police (BTP), we are looking to recruit an outstanding Corporate Communications Manager. The role is on a permanent basis paying up to £32,424.30 (dependent on experience) per annum.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over eight million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
As our Corporate Communications Manager you will:
- Provide expert multi-disciplinary communications advice to BTP regionally on the strategic management of communications to engage with local communities, train operating companies, schools, businesses and charities
- Work with our campaigns and marketing team to support regional officers in amplifying national campaigns on a local level
- Represent BTP corporate communications regionally, influencing and playing an active role, in various internal and community forums in the rail and policing industries
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to be BTP’s Corporate Communications Manager get in touch now as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates come forward.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £32,424.30 (dependent on experience) per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
- Post holders may be required to join our ‘out of office hours’ on call rota for which they would get an additional £4,000 allowance
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘developing’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.