CCTV Evidence Officer
A CCTV Evidence Officer is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £26,822.37 per annum (inclusive of a 15% Shift Allowance and London Allowance of £2,634.25) with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our state of the art facility at Ebury Bridge, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year.
As a CCTV Evidence Officer with BTP you will be working closely with our police officers to ensure that crucial CCTV evidence is secured from locations across the rail network in order to support investigations.
- Downloading footage from different CCTV systems, either remotely from our state-of-the-art CCTV facility or on-site
- Assisting in investigations by conducting preliminary CCTV viewing
- Preparing CCTV evidence packages for investigations
- Writing statements
You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate confidence learning new computer interfaces
- Perform basic computer problem solving tasks
- Prioritise your workload against multiple criteria
- Use writing skills to accurately record your work
- Work well as part of a team
Five GCSEs (or equivalent) with English and Maths grade 9 to 4 (A* to C)
The following experience will help in this role:
- Experience working with different CCTV systems
- Experience of working within a policing environment
- Working with police evidence and the application of relevant legislation eg. PACE, DPA etc.
- Download and review of CCTV footage
City and Guilds level 2 (or equivalent) in any CCTV discipline
- Salary £26,822.37 per annum (inclusive of a 15% Shift Allowance and London Allowance of £2,634.25)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Great opportunities for career progression
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.