Confidential Unit Deputy Manager
A Confidential Unit Deputy Manager is required on a permanent contract paying £29,152.41 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and 10% on call with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As the Confidential Unit Deputy Manager with BTP you will be required to manage the daily running of the confidential unit, providing first line supervision across all CU functions.
As a Confidential Unit Deputy Manager you will be required to:
- Supervise intelligence support provided to other covert departments (DSUs, CIU, TSU) and leads on the daily running of CU tactics in the absence of the CU manager.
- Provide a 24/7 on call and spoc capability in the management of sensitive intelligence for high risk and fast time intelligence matters (e.g. threats to life, serious harm, crimes in actions, critical risk, firearms reporting).
- Provide strategic oversight of all Force operational and covert activity; de-conflict covert activity.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Confidential Unit Deputy Manager will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- The post holder will have an understanding of the national intelligence model and the part that covert policing plays in the countering of serious and organised criminality
- Has attended, or clear skills and attributes to attend and pass the Covert Law Enforcement Managers (CLEM) course and the Covert Monitoring Post (CMP) course.
- Product handler trained, or clear skills and attributes to attend and pass the NCA Product Handlers Course
If you are interested in applying to this Confidential Unit Deputy Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £29,152.41 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and 10% on call.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.