Project Manager - London
Project Managers are required on a permanent contract paying £37,212.10 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Project Manager with BTP you will lead or support the delivery of project(s) or workstreams to cost, quality and time standards using the BTP Project Management, Programme Management and Portfolio Management methodology; promoting this as the preferred means of managing BTPs transformation portfolio.
As a Project Manager you will be required to:
- Champion and implement effective project delivery, supporting the delivery of BTPs 2021 transformation portfolio
- Support communication and engagement with project stakeholders, developing and maintaining key relationships and working in partnership to resolve problems to benefit operational policing and BTP.
- Support identifying, managing and resolving risks, tracking and managing costs and benefits, providing reports as required, and ensuring all outputs meet project requirements
- Support co-ordination of the project / workstream and its interdependencies, working closely with the project managers for the other projects within the programme
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Project Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Professional qualification in project management e.g. MSP or PRINCE 2 or willingness to work towards it.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge of project management disciplines to clearly define problems and resolve them
- Knowledge of project management disciplines, including: Project Management; Programme Management; Risk and issue management; Benefit Management; Business change; Business case preparation including return on investment calculation and Resource Management and planning
If you are interested in applying to this Project Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £37,212.10 plus £2520 London Allowance if applicable
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.