Finance Support Officer
A Finance Support Officer is required on a 25 hour a week, 12 month fixed term contract paying £13,593.10 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Finance Support Officer with BTP you will support the Business Support Manger on financial matters as appropriate to ensure that data on financial systems are timely and accurately captured.
Assist in the production of bank and cash schedules to support interim and annual financial statements and audit packs.
As a Finance Support Officer you will be required to:
- Assist the Senior Business Support Officer and Business Support Manger with providing timely, accurate and effective financial advice to the Division and ensure full compliance with BTP’s Business Rules.
- Responsible for the processing, interpretation and query management of financial information into force finance and payroll systems, ensuring all financial deadlines are met.
- Daily management of the administration and accurate maintenance of Banking records for Cash Seizure Account and Property Fund, including POCA and cheques ensuring full compliance with BTP’s Business Rules.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Finance Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Suitable experience in accountancy.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to respond appropriately to contacts from internal and external customers.
- Demonstrable payroll experience.
If you are interested in applying to this Finance Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £13,593.10
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.