Network Engineers x4
Network Security Engineers are required for 12 month fixed term contracts with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London to join a programme team delivering WAN, LAN and telephony replacements across the UK.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Network Security Engineer with BTP you will offer specialist support for the technical programme delivering our WAN, LAN and telephony replacement.
Key activities include:
- Assist with the technical delivery of the new Force Network and associated Network Security Equipment.
- Ensure the Force's AntiVirus solution is deployed as appropriate.
- Offer technical network support to the wider Programme Team.
Experience of the below technologies is desirable:
- AntiVirus software (McAfee or recognised equivalent)
- Firewalls Juniper or recognised equivalent
- Internet Security Solutions (M86 or recognised equivalent)
- LAN Cabling installation and management
- LAN/WAN Switches and Hubs installation and management
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £34,418.41 (£29,152.41 + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £2,746 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.