Corporate Communications Manager
At British Transport Police (BTP), we’re looking for a Corporate Communications Manager on a permanent basis paying £29,152.41 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and £4,000 on call allowance. This position is based in Central London, Albany House.
BTP is the national police force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
As a Corporate Communications Manager, you will be required to:
- Act as a senior advisor on all aspects of media relations (traditional, social and digital)
- Be responsible for developing and delivering communication strategies and campaigns, both in the local area and nationally
- Lead and manage media relations activity during emergencies, major and critical incidents
- Promote BTP through media activity – writing news stories, handling the social media accounts for the Midlands, promoting good cases and regularly meeting with officers on your patch
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Corporate Communications Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Ability to be self-driven, recognising great opportunities and acting on them
- Ability to write press releases, articles, other content and digital material to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a busy environment, as both an individual and part of a team
- Be flexible and willing to work outside normal office hours and throughout the country if needed, including London on a regular basis
- Knowledge of media law
- Experience of working with national and local media
- Ability to use social and digital media, and drive forward innovation in both
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary £29,152.41 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and £4,000 on call allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.