A Messaging Support Engineer is required for a permanent contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Messaging Support Engineer with BTP you will be responsible for the technical support of the Force's email facility. You will be a key enabler in driving our move from Exchange messaging system to O365 and Azure hosted platforms whilst offering specialist Exchange and Messaging support in the meantime.
Key activities include:
- Support the Force's move to O365 abd Azure hosted platforms.
- Facilitate messaging services comprising 8,100 mailboxes on 6 email servers.
- Facilitate the Enterprise Vault email archiving system.
- To work as part of the wider Infrastructure Team to support core products.
- Investigate issues in regards to messaging.
Experience of the below technologies is desirable:
- Exchange 2003, 2010, 2013
- MS Office Suite 2003 and 2010
- MS Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £35,122.41 (£29,152.41 + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £3,450 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.