Head of Governance and Compliance (Part Time)
A Head of Governance & Compliance is required for a permanent role paying up to £36,390.29 per annum with British Transport Police Authority (BTPA) based in Camden, Central London.
BTPA oversees the work of British Transport Police, the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground. As with BTPA you will provide strategic corporate governance advice and operational support to the Authority as a senior member of the Executive Team. The Head of Governance and Compliance will establish and maintain the highest standards of corporate governance at all times and own both the development and delivery of the Authority’s Code of Governance and Annual Business Cycle. In addition, the Head of Governance and Compliance is responsible for professional standards and internal human resource matters.
As Head of Governance & Compliance you will be required to focus on areas including governance, management & policy compliance, professional standards, human resource management and more including:
- The development and delivery of the authority’s code of governance, identifying risks, threats and opportunities for the Authority from new governmental policy directions and ensuring all internal policies are in place and current in line with corporate style.
- Overseeing professional standards including that of compliant and conduct matters
- The arrangements of new starters and leavers, sickness absence and appraisal processes and leading the authority on the national pay awards.
- Advising on policies, assisting in specialist projects and preparing correspondence and reports.
The successful Head of Governance and Compliance will be required to evidence the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Qualified to a degree level or equivalent with a relevant post graduate qualification
- Experience of working within an executive level committee or board environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience of application of corporate governance, HR practices, FoI and DPA legislation
- An understanding of police regulations in relation to professional standards matters and the role of police authorities in relation to this.
- Evidence of working collaboratively across stakeholders at all levels internally and externally.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying to this Head of Governance & Compliance role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Pro rata salary up to £36,390.29 based on 24 hour week (FTE £56,101.70 plus £2,520 London Allowance)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
Applicants should review the attached document for more information on what is required by way of an application, which should be a CV and supporting statement emailed to BTPARecruitment@btp.pnn.police.uk - Applications made via this website will not be acknowledged or accepted.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.