Chief Officer Business Manager
A Chief Officer Business Manager is required for a permanent contract role paying up to £39,732.10 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Chief Officer Business Manager with BTP you will provide comprehensive business management support to the Chief Officer Directors, working closely with the Executive Assistant to run the day to day business and ensure that statutory duties and functions across the Directors portfolios are effectively fulfilled.
As Chief Officer Business Manager you will be required to:
- To maintain an effective professional relationship with members of the Chief Officers’ Management team ensuring that their strategy is adhered to.
- To manage and support the Chief Officers’ daily work by undertaking research and planning; arranging and providing background information that ensures that the Chief Officer is always appropriately briefed and prepared.
- To engage with senior stakeholders throughout the organisation, providing a critical interface with central services and reality testing the impact of changes delivered.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Chief Officer Business Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience of successfully managing change and ability to learn new processes quickly
- Experience of working on own initiative, and partnering with team members to deliver initiatives and business improvement First class formal and informal verbal and written communication skills which inspire credibility both internally and externally.
- Ability to negotiate and influence people on complex, sensitive or contentious issues within a context of conflicting priorities.
If you are interested in applying to this Chief Officer Business Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary - £39,732.10
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.