Benefits Realisation Manager
British Transport Police (BTP) provides a vital policing service to Britain’s railways, the rail operators, their staff and passengers across the country. We are a specialist force, highly responsive to railway issues alongside our policing mission to keep the public safe and protect vulnerable people. Our vision is to work with the rail industry to deliver a safe, secure, reliable and expanding transport system. To achieve that we have developed a new operating model that will see us transform our services and how we deliver them. This is the most significant transformation we have undertaken and we need your help.
There were 62 million passengers journeys across the UK last year and this is set to rise substantially. As the UK's national railway police, we employ more than 5,000 people across the country who keep people safe and the rail network moving. Our transformation will change how we operate, establish new ways of engaging with rail users and those who work on the network, and digitise our services – all while equipping our officers with modern technology. At the same time, we will build our capability to exploit data, become more insight driven and deliver better value for money.
The scale and pace of our transformation is significant, and we are looking for the best people to help us make it a success. This is an opportunity to shape the future of railway policing – and to work with highly motivated team of people – with and without a police background.
Our Transformation Portfolio Group is developing its capability to become a stronger and more mature change function. We currently have an opportunity for a Benefits Realisation Manager who will ensure that the BTP2021 portfolio of change delivers the anticipated cashable and non-cashable benefits for the force. We are looking for applicants who have experience of the following:
- Experience of mapping and tracking benefits in a fast paced office environment using recognised design methodologies and BMFs to inform business cases and BAU sustainment
- Is creative and adaptable in communications: Able to use a range of non-standard and creative approaches to inform and/or persuade others, extending beyond logical argument to influence decisions and actions
- Able to seek out and examine a range of information to identify patterns, trends and options to solve multi-faceted problems
- Understanding and awareness of political environments and confident in dealing with people of all levels both internally and externally and excellent knowledge of the UK policing environment.
With your help, we can make improvements to the way we police the rail network, investigate crime and safeguard the most vulnerable, and modernise our supporting infrastructure. ‘We are BTP’ – come and join us.
If you are interested in applying to this Benefits Realisation Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary - £39,732.10
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.