Resilience Planning Officer
British Transport Police (BTP) is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. We are looking to recruit a Resilience Planning Officer to be based in Cardiff on a permanent basis, the role is paying £25,964.30. This is an important role and there will be a degree of travel to represent the Force to partner agencies and stakeholders. To be eligible for this position you must have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years due to the security clearance required.
As a Resilience Planning Officer you will Act as single point of contact for external agencies in relation to Resilience Planning on Division, contributing to the decision making process and developing inter-agency co-operation and understanding. You will be responsible for:
- Assessing the risk of emergencies occurring and utilising this assessment to inform contingency planning
- Developing, implementing and maintaining emergency plans
- Manage the debriefing process for exercises, preparing relevant management reports to ensure all strategic learning is captured
- Undertake analysis/research and provide direct strategic & tactical advice to Commanders
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Resilience Planning Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Certificate in emergency planning, business continuity or risk management or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven extensive experience of Emergency Planning within a category 1 or 2 responder organisation
- Thorough understanding of the “JESIP” doctrine for emergency service interoperability
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to draft management level reports, strategic plans and delivery of presentations to mixed audiences
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £25,964.30 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.