MSV Operator - Cambridge
A MSV Operator is required for a FIXED TERM 12 MONTH CONTRACT role paying up to £20,520.15 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Cambridge.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As MSV Operator with BTP you will deploy and operate Mobile Safety Vehicles at sites throughout the Area whilst contributing towards changing driver behaviour and reducing road casualties.
As MSV Operator you will be required to:
- Maintain, prepare and operate MSV fitted with Technical, Camera and associated Survey Equipment and carry out daily calibration of camera equipment
- Responsible for identifying level crossing offences
- Process digital images and data downloads from MSV deployments by interpreting evidence according to established guidelines and procedures, and submit to the relevant authorities.
- Compile Crime Reports and witness statements for the attention of the CPS. Ensure timely and accurate submission of these and other relevant reports as required.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful MSV Operator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- The ability to work alone without direct supervision and remain calm under pressure should an incident arise whilst deployed.
- Aptitude for the identification and resolution of technical problems (e.g. relating to MSV equipment).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and good attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying to this MSV Operator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £20,520.15
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.