Server Support Specialist
A Server Support Specialist (Citrix SME) is required for a permanent role paying up to £49,050.97 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Server Support Specialist (Citrix SME) with BTP you will support the Force’s Citrix estate/ Server infrastructure and ensure the timely resolution of any complex issues.
Key activities include:
- To offer Citrix Infrastructure related expertise
- Evaluate, publish, test and document Citrix deployment polices
- Perform administrative support task, pertaining to the Citrix end user environment
- Familiarity with the following VMware 5.5 & 6.5, Sccm 2012, San Technologies (Compellent and HP 3Par), Azure.
- Collaborate with the wider Technology Department in regards to any projects requiring Citrix and server related input
- Offer best value advice to support the selection and procurement of Citrix infrastructure products
Key requirements for this role include:
- Experience of Administrating a Citrix VDI environment using Xenserver, XenApp, Xendesktop, NetScaler’s (MPX/VPX) and Director.
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience of implementing and managing multiple Citrix VDI infrastructure in a demanding 24x7 environment.
- Experience of ITIL and incident resolution, requests, changes and problem solving activities delivered to agreed SLAs.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft's product offerings including high level capabilities and competitor products
- HPE Wintel servers (ML/DL), Windows 2008 r2, Window Server 2012 r2 & Windows 2016
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £49,050.97 (£37,956.34 + 10% on call allowance + £2,570 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £4,729)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.