A Resourcing Advisor is required for a 9 month FTC paying £27,824.32 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham City Centre.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Resourcing Advisor with BTP you will deliver a varied portfolio of recruitment work and projects across all areas of the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of resourcing (attraction, direct sourcing, recruitment, assessment, on-boarding and promotion) and will provide expert advice and practical support to hiring managers.
As Resourcing Advisor you will be required to:
- Personally lead on a varied portfolio of resourcing activity, working with hiring managers and other departments to develop tailored resourcing solutions
- Utilise all available resourcing tools as appropriate, particularly in regards to advertising, direct sourcing, and agency usage where necessary
- Oversee all on-boarding and administration to ensure this is compiled in an appropriate and timely manner
- Act as first point of contact regarding all resourcing matters, providing expert advice and guidance to all parties both internal and external to the organisation
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Resourcing Advisor will be required to evidence the following skills:
- CIPD Level 3 qualified or equivalent experience in a resourcing or related field
- A successful track record in delivering resourcing activity in a large, multi-disciplined operational organisation
- Experience in providing clear advice and guidance on a wide range of resourcing issues
- Ability to use a range of resourcing tools in the attraction of candidates and in direct sourcing
- Professional communicator with the ability to influence, persuade and advise across all levels of seniority
- Knowledge of resourcing practice including up-to-date awareness of best practice principles and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of UK employment legislation
If you are interested in applying to this Resourcing Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held W/C 31st May.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £27,824.32 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is June 2021. If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is closed to applications.