Messaging Support Engineer
A Messaging Support Engineer is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London paying up to £37,325.07.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. You will form part of team supporting/upgrading and maintaining Blackberry UEM 12.12 , working to support and implement Android Enterprise "Work Only Profiles", that service integration with Office 365 and Policing services across the Force, offering specialist support and advice in regards to these services.
Key activities include:
- Technical support of the Force's UEM services
- Managing all aspects of the System including Disaster Recovery capability
- Facilitate and execute the installation and maintenance of system software such as operating systems, MDM management products, mobile application and device OS update automation and other mobility software.
- Collaborate with IT colleagues and offer specialist mobility guidance
- The management of the capability, functionality and sustainability of service components (including hardware, software and network)
Experience of the below is required:
- Strong understanding of Blackberry UEM 12.12 and above with Android Enterprise, device and build automation.
- Mobile Security.
- Samsung Devices, (Note 10s and 20s and the base level understanding of App ID’s is beneficial)
- Experience with O365.
- Knowledge with KME (Knox Mobile Enrolment).
- MS Office Suite
- MS Windows Server 2012, 2018
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £37,325.07 (Up to £31,240.82 base + £2,634.25 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £3,450 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
Interviews will take place on Thursday 3rd June 2021.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.