Event Planning Manager (C Division)
An Event Planning Manager is required for a Permanent, Part time (18.5hrs) role paying £15,620.41 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Manchester.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Event Planning Manager with BTP you will The post holder will be responsible for Event Planners located at hubs across the Force and event planning, ensuring that the day-to-day policing of events and operations across the Force are delegated amongst Planners and managed efficiently and effectively whilst remaining aware of competing demands and objectives.
As Event Planning Manager you will be required to:
- Following the guidance and information/intelligence received from the Event Planning and Strategic Oversight Unit (EPSOU), the post holder will oversee event planning for both planned and unforeseen events.
- Provide expertise, support and direction to their teams whilst notifying them of any changes to intelligence or other crucial information throughout the process.
- Plan and coordinate planning meetings, ensuring regular communication with the Force Event Lead and Force Resource Lead to obtain the most up-to-date and relevant information around events and operations which underpin the planning process and decision making, as part of the National Decision-Making Model (NDM).
- Coordinate and hold regular event planning meetings with Event Planners and continue to seek development and training for the teams to add value and quality to the Event Planning team.
- Horizon scan and identify any changes, trends or developments across the industry that will directly influence operational planning and resource management and liaise with the Force Event Lead and Force Resource Lead to ensure that this is captured and acted upon accordingly.
- Provide data and expert management information, professional support and advice on Event Planning.
- Respond to and support Force mobilisation plans when activated by critical incidents.
- Attend internal and National meetings including Senior Daily Management, Operations Senior Leadership, Security Review group, Operations Business and Relevant Operations meetings and any other event planning-related meetings which provide relevant data or provide pivotal direction/advice. Ensuring that any learning or best practice is fed back to and captured by the Force Events Lead.
- Work in collaboration with the Force Events Lead to ensure that the event planning function follows an auditable process, maintains appropriate records and policies, quality assures the planning process and all related documentation, follows best practice and that any lessons learned are captured and fed back to EPSOU to support the function’s commitment to continuous development and learning.
- Regularly liaise and collaborate with Resource Planning Managers to ensure they and their teams are sighted on resourcing requirements for planning and running events.
- Ensuring the continuous development of their team by adopting a proactive management and coaching approach, holding regular career development conversations, engaging in succession planning and talent management, and setting meaningful performance objectives in alignment with team, functional and organisational aims and priorities.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Event Planning Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- A successful track record of managing a team in a large, multi-disciplined operational organisation.
- Experience of managing work flow, focusing on quality and timescales.
- Experience of managing, delegating, coaching and directing a customer/frontline facing team to achieve targets, deadlines and KPI’s.
- Track record of building and maintaining positive and effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of providing data, advice and recommendations to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience of analysing and acting on complex intelligence or information to influence and lead decision-making.
- Significant understanding of event planning and experience of working in an event planning and resourcing environment.
If you are interested in applying to this Event Planning Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £31,240.82 (Pro rota, £15,620.41)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rota)
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is June 2021. If you have an queries, please contact the recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org