A HR Advisor is required on an Fixed Term Contract (8 months) basis paying £32,622.55 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a HR Advisor with BTP you will be expected to deliver a caseload of HR work, providing advice, guidance and practical support across the full range of HR issues (Sickness, ET’s, disputes, discipline, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, organisational development and change etc) to line managers and staff within BTP HR guidelines/policies/procedures and relevant legislative requirements.
There will be a requirement for frequent travel to other locations.
As a HR Advisor you will be required to:
- Provide a generalist HR support and advisory service to BTP employees across the full range of HR issues (Sickness, ET’s, disputes, discipline, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, organisational development and change etc) in line with the standards and guidelines provided by BTP HR and the HR Manager so that BTP's effectiveness is maximised.
- Deliver work on a caseload of general HR cases/issues across the full range of HR issues (Sickness ET’s, disputes, discipline, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, organisational development and change etc) within BTP HR policies and guidelines.
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant BTP record-keeping and information management practices and requirements and keep records of own work and manage related information in line with those policies.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful HR Advisor will be required to evidence the following skills and experience:
- A successful track record in providing HR generalist work in a large, multi-disciplined operational organisation.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional, persuasive and influential. Able to command the confidence of senior operational managers, employees, trade unions, external partners and other stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying to this HR Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as suitable candidates are identified. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £32,622.55 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved.
This opportunity is closed to applications.