Head of Estates Transformation
A Head of Estates Transformation is required for a permanent role paying up to £89,946.89 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, Central London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Head of Estates Transformation with BTP you will drive delivery of the BTP Estates Transformation Programme, which aims to implement a fit-for-purpose estate at reduced cost, and which drives new ways of working through the integration of people, technology, and process transformation. This role includes the delivery of at least two major site relocations and lease negotiations.
As Head of Estates Transformation you will be required to:
- First deliver the relocation of a key operational site, securing new premises to meet future requirement and cost, and relocate BTP functions in accordance with the estates strategy
- Deliver the future force headquarters model, including the renegotiation of the current lease or the implementation of a major relocation
- Deliver agile working across the estate
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Head of Estates Transformation must be able to evidence having previously delivered major estates relocations. In addition, you will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Proven leadership and delivery of a major estates transformation programme to time, cost and performance
- Commercial negotiation of major leases
- Delivery of business and financial benefits and efficiencies
If you are interested in applying to this Head of Estates Transformation role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £89,946.89
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
To apply, we ask you to please submit your CV and a Covering Letter (as one document) which you will upload during your application. Please contact the BTP recruitment team with any questions whatsoever about this recruitment process. We kindly ask recruitment agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received, we reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.