Senior Portfolio Manager
A Senior Portfolio Manager is required for a Fixed Term Contract (6 months) role paying up to £60,876.30 inclusive of allowances with British Transport Police (BTP) based in BTP Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Senior Portfolio Manager you will manage a portfolio of enabling projects and provide guidance and direction over the cost-out programme. Their portfolio will target internal policy and process, driving efficiencies which will fundamentally change the way Finance and Commercial manage the overall £300m BTP budget, and unlock significant recurring savings for the cost-out programme. The Senior Portfolio Manager will be accountable for identifying, devising and driving the achievement of key medium and long term BTP wide efficiencies, and provide innovative ways to solve problems and modernise BTP financial management, process and reporting practices. Additionally you will work closely with ‘cost out’ programme SME’s, identifying opportunities for innovative and more efficient ways of working, and seeking to modernise and speed up the delivery of Finance and Commercial services.
As Senior Portfolio Manager you will be required to:
- Implement modern, best practice Finance and Commercial processes, which automate transactional activity and facilitate a shift towards better quality and insight driven outputs.
- Lead on the design and implementation of key enabling projects, to unlock ‘cost-out’ recurring programme efficiencies of £1.6m per annum.
- Accountability for ensuring the latest industry trends and best practice are alive to BTP, ensuring techniques and methods are applied to ‘cost-out’ drivers.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders at senior levels on the subject of ‘Cost-out’ changes, breaking down barriers, and ensuring that stakeholders are energised and buy-in to decisions.
- Identify and report risks and recommendations to the Strategic Finance and Transformation Partner for finance planning and processes.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Senior Portfolio Manager will be required to evidence the following;
- Level 7 recognised finance qualification, or qualified through extensive senior level experience.
- Post-qualification experience in a senior finance role – Expert Level.
- Demonstrate experience of working on all stages of the project development lifecycle, with the ability to lead, create and oversee large complex plans.
- Significant experience of working in a high pressured and politically sensitive and exposed environment.
- Well rounded Finance skillset, including Business partnering and Financial Planning & Analysis, gained through experience working in these kids of roles.
- Ability to understand customer requirements/desired outputs, and develop technical solutions that meet them.
- Extensive analytical and interpersonal skills, with the forensic ability to identify key issues while interrogating statistical and financial data.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £60,876.30 inclusive of allowances
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
Candidates will be contacted regarding interview availability as soon as they are identified as suitable for the role.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.