As Financial Modeller you will be required to:
- Lead the application of bespoke financial and business complex modelling techniques across the BTP ‘cost-out’ programme’s improvement workstreams (e.g. cashflow forecasting for external stakeholders, strategic planning models, business planning tools, Reporting tools, project finance, valuation tools).
- Provide subject matter expertise on the application of advanced analytical and modelling techniques to streamline and automate processes e.g. Full automation of the Force Executive Board (FEB) reporting process.
- Lead the interface with key stakeholders across different functions to identify underlying business drivers to devise compelling and well thought out solutions to complex high risk problems.
- Provide engagement activity workshops to identify further opportunities to drive efficiency and innovation. Reporting costed recommendations with desired impact through to the FEB.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Financial Modeller will be required to evidence the following:
- A level 7 recognised finance qualification, or qualified through extensive senior level experience.
- Post-qualification experience in a senior finance role – Expert Level.
- Proven experience in the delivery of business critical projects and programmes in a Finance and Commercial function and extensive senior.
- Significant experience in working with and influencing senior and board level stakeholders in a large complex organisation
- Working with large volumes of data and, translating complex statistical findings or solutions.
- Ability to understand customer requirements/desired outputs, and develop technical solutions that achieve them.
- Ability to express clearly to, and concisely into, simple terms for key stakeholders complex financial matters with no room for ambiguity.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £57,223.73 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.