Safety, Health and Wellbeing Administrator (London or Birmingham)
A Safety, Health and Wellbeing Administrator required for a permanent contract role paying £20,520.15 per annum (plus £2,570 London Allowance if applicable) with British Transport Police (BTP). This position has the scope to be based from either BTP Force Headquarters, Camden, London or the HRBC, The AXIS, Birmingham dependent on the location of the successful candidate.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Safety, Health and Wellbeing Administrator you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and comprehensive administrative support and carrying out general office duties across the Safety, Health and Wellbeing Department (SHW) remit.
As Safety, Health and Wellbeing Administrator you will be required to:
- Provide a full administrative service to the Safety Health and Wellbeing Team (SHW) including typing, email, processing general accounts, invoices, data entry, and creating and maintaining files and databases to track activities and workloads, and other general office duties.
- Act as first point of contact for callers, contractors and visitors ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously. Intercept and make telephone calls on behalf of the manager or team, liaising with internal staff and external contacts at all levels, resolving issues proactively.
- Compile accurate financial, statistical and management information as appropriate.
- Receive, acknowledge, organize and reply to all internal and external correspondence in a professional and timely manner and redirect as necessary. Pursue and obtain medical follow up reports in pursuance of case management protocols.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Safety, Health and Wellbeing Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Minimum GCSE grade C in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Previous administrative or secretarial experience with a high level of organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Experience of scheduling meetings, events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with members of the public or to demanding deadlines whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £20,520.15 per annum (plus £2,570 London Allowance if applicable)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.