Witness and Case Review Officer
Three Witness & Case Review Officers are required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying £26,483.59 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Witness & Case Review Officer with BTP you will be responsible for all aspects of the attendance of witnesses at court and to provide a focal point for information in connection with criminal cases.
The post holder will also prepare and analyse all casework arising from police stations and support OIC's, making recommendations on content whilst providing quality assurance of casework standards. .
As Witness & Case Review Officer you will be required to:
- Be the single point of contact (SPOC) for victims/witnesses and all other non-professional witnesses and to co-ordinate the attendance of all witnesses to Magistrates/Youth/Crown Courts to ensure compliance with the minimum requirements as set out in No Witness No Justice and the Victims Code of Practice.
- Responsible for administration of requirements under Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act and Driver Awareness.
- Supervise cases and procedures to comply fully with No Witness No Justice as set out in the Criminal Case Management Programme.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Witness & Case Review Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to GCSE Standard or equivalent
- Proven experience of No Witness No Justice
- Proven experience within a legal environment including an understanding of the criminal justice process and familiarity with the courts process
If you are interested in applying to this Witness & Case Review Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £26,483.59 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.