A Property Officer is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying £20,520.15 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Property Officer with BTP you will responsible for all matters related to the property store including recording items booked in and out, property store audits.
Logging all special, found and lost property and arranging in conjunction with the Case Officer for it to be returned to the rightful owner.
Providing advice and guidance to Police Officers in respect of the storage and disposal of property, video and audio tapes in order to provide an effective and efficient property service to the Area.
General management of property storage, and handling large amounts of cash.
Production of exhibits for court.
As Property Officer you will be required to:
- Receive and store all items of property taken as evidence from offenders or recovered from scenes of crime and all recovered stolen property, accurately recording details on property forms storing logically and making entries on to the property database to ensure the secure storage of property, provide continuity of evidence and provide for its efficient retrieval when required.
- Manage the lost and found property system including the receipt of property from members of the public, the effective recording and tracking of all such property attempting to trace the rightful owners for property and arrange for its return or disposal as appropriate.
- Manage the administration systems storage and retention of interview tapes arranging for copies to be made on request levying charges; in order to ensure the secure appropriate storage of tapes and the continuity of evidence.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Property Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- A-Level qualification or equivalent vocational training or qualification
- A full clean driving license is essential
- Experience of dealing with members of the public
If you are interested in applying to this Property Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £20,520.15 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.