Two Property Officers are required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying £21,033.15 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Baches Street, London.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Property Officer with BTP you will be responsible and manage of all Property Store Administration - recording items, booking in and out and property store audits.
General Management of property storage facility and handling of sensitive items as well as ensuring exhibits are available for court, stored long term or destroyed in accordance to Force Policy.
To undertake the administration of the property store. Maintain the integrity of the property store and its contents in accordance with Force policy.
As Property Officer you will be required to:
- Undertake the administration of the Property Store and ensure case management systems are updated in accordance with Force policy.
- Receive and store all items of property taken as evidence accurately recording details on property forms, storing logically and making entries on to the property database to ensure the secure storage of property. Provide continuity of evidence and provide for efficient retrieval when required.
- Maintain an efficient property handling system providing officers with details of property they are responsible for on a regular basis. Liaising with officers in regard of property returns and disposals ensuring they are dealt with promptly and efficiently. Continually monitoring the length of time property has been stored.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Property Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
- Confident, self-motivated and flexible
If you are interested in applying to this Professionalism Panels & Business Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £21,033.15 plus £2,634.25 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.