A Statistics Officer is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying £26,483.59 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Statistics Officer with BTP you will provide accurate and timely responses to Freedom of Information requests and data returns to a variety of external organisations (including Home Office data returns and parliamentary questions) and support the preparation of force wide and departmental performance reports and accounts by providing accurate and timely data that is pertinent to the reports.
As Statistics Officer you will be required to:
- Manage requests for statistical data from various sources across the organisation
- Undertake analysis of large organisational data sets from a variety of sources
- Identify information gaps and make recommendations based on analysed data to SCT, Senior Officers, managers, other staff, senior managers within external agencies and the BTPA
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Statistics Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with strong statistics or analytical element
- Experience of producing statistical reports, both alone and as part of a wider team
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills
If you are interested in applying to this Statistics Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £26,483.59 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.