A Senior Analyst is required on a Permanent contract paying £29,735.46 per annum plus £2,520.00 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in our Force Headquarters in London (NW1).
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Senior Analyst in the Covert Policing team your responsibilities will include duties spanning across BTP’s Special Branch (responsible for Counter Terrorism and Domestic Extremism matters) and Sensitive Intelligence Unit (responsible for covert intelligence collection in relation to the most serious crime threats). The Senior Analyst manages an analytical team or specific area of business within the analytical function to ensure delivery against the vision, objectives and organisational plans in line with national intelligence and analytical standards.
Please note there will be an additional vetting clearance you will have to undertake in order to pass all elements of the vetting process. Due to the access and information you will be exposed to, Developed Vetting will be required to fulfil this post. Further details about the requirements of this vetting can be found on the Gov.uk website
As a Senior Analyst you will be required to:
- Lead on the production of analytical products involving the most significant complexity, risk and / or requiring analytical expertise exceeding the capabilities of the Intelligence Analyst.
- Manage the analytical team, conducting regular appraisals in line with organisational requirements, and offering advice and support for the development of team members.
- Ensure analytical support is in place to influence decision making at a strategic, tactical and operational level, to mitigate threat, risk and harm, as required.
- Ensure analytical products meet national standards in intelligence and analysis, enabling the drive for continuous improvement.
- Adhere to all legal frameworks, key working principles, policies and guidance relevant to the role.
- Deputise for the Analysis Manager as and when required.
Please see the attached role profile for further information.
The successful Senior Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- experienced in intelligence development, investigative and operational analysis, and report-writing.
- Have previous experience of such things as analysing communications data, digital media investigation and open source research techniques.
- Undertake first line management responsibilities for a team of analysts across two different policing units.
- Have an ability to effectively lead a specialist team, provide tasking direction and ensure best use of the resources in line with the priorities and demands of both the Senior Command Team and key customers.
- Provide mentoring, support and training to directly line managed staff and other intelligence staff.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of Covert Policing, Counter Terrorism and Domestic Extremism policing, or have a strong willingness to undertake training and learning development to obtain this knowledge.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting annual salary of £29,735.46 per annum plus £2,520.00 London Allowance.
- Yearly incremental pay progression up to £35,429.47 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Final salary pension.
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.