HR Service Desk Support Officer
A HR Service Desk Support Officer is required on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham. Annual salary is £20,117.79 per annum.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a HR Service Desk Support Officer with BTP you will be expected to provide a general HR Service Desk transactional processing and administrative support service to the People Services Centre so that the team's output meets all relevant BTP service standards and measures and statutory requirements.
As a HR Service Desk Support Officer you will be required to:
- Handle routine queries from BTP staff related to transactional processing and administration, in line with all required BTP service standards and procedures and statutory requirements, or directing callers to the appropriate person in the event of a misdirected call.
- Carry out People Service Centre transactional processing duties related to for example, employee records, resignations, personal detail changes, sickness absence entries, accident reports, maternity leave and handle routine queries from BTP staff and third parties.
- As directed by the HR Service Desk Team Leader, maintain up to date and complete records and information as required by BTP HR so that HR management can be delivered properly and regulatory compliance is achieved.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful HR Service Desk Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrable HR clerical / administrative experience in a shared service / customer contact centre environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritise and remain calm, generating high quality work whilst under pressure to deliver against tight timescales
- Attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary of £20,117.79 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.