Payroll Team Leader
British Transport Police (BTP) require a Payroll Team Leader on a Fixed Term contract until 31st March 2020. The salary for this role is £29,735.46 per annum and is based in our HR Business Centre in Birmingham City Centre.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Payroll Team Leader with BTP you will be required to supervise the day to day activities of the Payroll team – monitoring workload, resources and team performance to ensure that all performance and service measures are achieved in line with legislative requirements.
As a Payroll Team Leader you will be required to:
- Manage and resolve complex payroll queries including NI and tax recalculations.
- Be responsible for establishing and undertaking reporting requirements for the team (internal and external) including Business Objects reporting and monthly audit of changes.
- Lead and motivate the team, communicating and addressing performance & development as required so that team performance is maximised.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to ensure that the team meets service standards and performance against agreed targets (SLA’s and KPI’s). Ensure work demands and available resources are effectively planned and managed, planning in advance for regular and annual events to ensure that performance is optimal (and responding as appropriate to unplanned work activity).
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Payroll Team Leader will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- A successful track record in a Payroll Team Leader role or experience of supervising, delegating to a team.
- The ability to prioritise and remain calm, generating high quality work whilst under pressure to deliver against tight timescales.
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to inspire motivate and support a team of employees during periods of high demand and pressure.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with good attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying to this Payroll Team Leader position then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £29,735.46 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period.