A Project Manager is required for a 9 month fixed term contract role paying £37,956.34 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Project Manager with BTP you will deliver the portfolio of transformation programmes and projects, ensuring expert programme and project management, in order to deliver the roadmap efficiently and effectively.
The post holder will lead or support the delivery of project(s) or work streams to cost, quality and time standards using the BTP Project Management, Programme Management and Portfolio Management methodology; promoting this as the preferred means of managing BTPs transformation portfolio.
As Project Manager you will be required to:
- Support communication and engagement with project stakeholders, developing and maintaining key relationships and working in partnership to resolve problems to benefit operational policing and BTP.
- Work with the design and business change leads to ensure consistency of project delivery approach.
- Support co-ordination of the project / work stream and its interdependencies, working closely with the project managers for the other projects within the programme
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Project Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Professional qualification in project management e.g. MSP or PRINCE 2 or willingness to work towards it.
- Ability to use analytical techniques in the decision making process to make robust proposals concerning project interventions.
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge of project management disciplines to clearly define problems and resolve them.
If you are interested in applying to this Project Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £37,956.34 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.