Intelligence Liaison Officer
An Intelligence Liaison Officer is required on a Permanent contract paying £26,483.59 per annum plus £2,520.00 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in our Specialist Operations in London (N7).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As an Intelligence Liaison Officer, you provide a comprehensive and timely briefing service to all Specialist Operations officers. You will be the liaison between Specialist Operations and Special Branch, updating the Force Intelligence Briefing System and ensuring that the Daily Management Log is produced in an accurate and timely fashion.
As an Intelligence Liaison Officer you will be required to:
- Prepare daily briefings for all SO teams at all 3 locations ensuring that significant Counter Terrorism, violent Crime, crime trends and divisional priorities are made available for both daily briefings.
- Maintain the Specialist Operations intranet briefing pages as required to ensure content is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain close liaison with BTP Special Branch acting as Liaison Officer between the two departments ensuring that relevant intelligence is disseminated for briefing.
- Maintain the Specialist Operations and Force Briefing System, by continually assessing, verifying, updating and weeding intelligence and information to ensure that an accurate, timely and relevant briefing is available to support front line officers.
Please see the attached role profile for further information.
The successful Intelligence Liaison Officer will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Experience of intelligence related work in a law enforcement or CT environment.
- Previous experience of delivering timely and informative briefings using a range of data sources and effectively displaying the results both verbally and in writing.
- Educated to at least A level standard (or equivalent) or proven previous work experience in a role which contained a substantial amount of briefing delivery and creation responsibility.
- Strong organisational skills, particularly the ability to manage multiple work streams by prioritising key issues and working under pressure.
- Knowledge and understanding of NICHE, ControlWorks and associated force IT systems.
- Good understanding of policing processes in intelligence dissemination and identification through intelligence.
- Good understanding of the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act relating to the publishing of subject information.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary of £26,483.59 per annum plus £2,520.00 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.