CCTV Video Technician
A CCTV Video Technician is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £23,310.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based at Birmingham New Street.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a CCTV Video Technician with BTP you will process CCTV data to produce evidence packages ensuring evidential integrity in accordance with relevant legislation and Home Office guidance.
As a CCTV Video Technician you will be required to:
- View CCTV data, produce still images and produce Master & Working Copy discs as evidential packages.
- Apply forensic controls to all evidence produced including packaging, exhibiting and witness statements.
- Ensure records are maintained, updating CRIME and other Force databases with details of CCTV activities undertaken and ensure that all evidence is handled in accordance with Force policy.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful CCTV Video Technician will be required to evidence the following skills:
- BTEC CCTV Level 2 / 3 or equivalent in a CCTV related discipline
- Video editing and production experience in a criminal justice environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic working environment and make appropriate decisions based on sound personal judgement
If you are interested in applying to this CCTV Video Technician role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £23,310.30 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.