Experienced Detective Constable - Financial Investigation
British Transport Police (BTP) police and protect 10,000 miles of track and 3,000 railway stations every day – a network that is at the heart of Britain’s community, commerce and industry. Join us and you’ll be providing specialist policing to a unique community in a unique environment, dealing with rewarding challenges that you won’t find in any other Force.
We are seeking an experienced Detective Constable as a Financial Investigator within our Major, Serious and Organised Crime (MSOC) unit. Whilst primarily based within central London (NW1), this position can be out-based and we are therefore happy to accept applications from those across the country to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The successful candidate will be at the forefront of mainstream financial investigations, promoting and applying relevant legislation and orders as a means of disrupting organised criminal gangs using the railway network. The Financial Investigator will conduct reactive confiscation investigations including the preparation and submission of evidence, leading on cash seizure investigations and providing specialist advice and support to members of the Force.
Please download the role profile and candidate information pack below for more details
BTP welcome applications from those who have previously served as a member of a Home Office police force. In line with current College of Policing guidance on re-joiner applicants there is no time restriction in place for those wishing to re-join service, and we will consider all ex-officers on application. A training needs analysis will be conducted as required and, depending on the length of time out of service or any notable skills gaps, training could be anywhere from 2 to 18 weeks. Please be aware that training requirements cannot be assessed on a speculative basis and this will be discussed at conditional offer stage.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
Before the BTP progresses your application, consideration will be given to a number of initial eligibility criteria. Therefore, please consider the following before completing an application:
- Those applying on a transferee basis must currently be serving in a Home Office police force and be substantive in the rank of Constable, having completed the full probationary service.
- Those applying to re-join service must have previously served as a member of a Home Office police force, having satisfactorily completed the period of probationary service in the rank of constable and resigned or retired from that force.
- Candidates must be a PIP 2 qualified Detective. Rejoiner members returning to a role that requires the National Investigators’ Examination (NIE) (any detective role) must sit the exam at the earliest opportunity. This applies to all rejoiner members who have not already successfully achieved a pass at the required level, or if the currency of such a pass has lapsed
- Candidates must have NCA Financial Investigator and Confiscator accreditation, and be fully up to date with CPD. If accreditation has been suspended then candidates must have been fully up to date at the time of suspension.
- Candidates who have a current unsatisfactory performance review and/or a performance action plan in place may be rejected during the initial eligibility screening process.
- Candidates must have no current findings of guilt in respect of any disciplinary actions or complaints.
You will not be eligible to apply if you have an existing CCJ or IVA outstanding against you. Applicants who have been registered bankrupt will not be considered. Failure to disclose any of the above will lead to your application being rejected.
Applicants with a criminal record will be reviewed on a case by case basis, but may be rejected from the process dependent on the date and nature of the conviction. You are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries on previous convictions.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application form by clicking the Apply button, below.
Please be advised that we do not accept CV’s or prospective applications for areas not listed. All applications will be subject to a paper sift in line with the required competencies and criteria for the role.