Scene of Crime Officer - Birmingham
A SCENE OF CRIME OFFICER is required for a PERMANENT PART TIME CONTRACT role paying £11,227.81 plus 10% Shift Allowance pro rata plus 10% On Call Allowance pro rata with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a SCENE OF CRIME OFFICER with BTP you will attend and assess scenes of crime. To record, investigate, examine and recover forensic evidence to assist officers in achieving identification of offenders.
To advise on all forensic matters i.e. scene preservation, packaging, cordons and submission of exhibits.
To attend railway fatalities, assist in the recovery of the deceased along with any related evidence.
As a SCENES OF CRIME OFFICER you will be required to:
• Attend scenes of crime and major incidents, conduct a full examination to gather all relevant evidence and maximise the potential of all evidence recovered from that scene. To ensure that the scene is documented and photographed. All items recovered are correctly exhibited, packaged and that continuity is maintained and secure.
• Obtain and understand all relevant information relating to the scene, decide on the types of examination necessary, maintain control of the scene whilst on site and advise officers on scene cordons and scene preservation.
• Responsible for the implementation of dynamic risk assessments whilst on scene and put safe working practices into place to ensure own personal safety and the safety of those around you whilst working. Provide credible witness evidence at court to support identification procedures
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful SCENE OF CRIME OFFICER will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure, with the ability to communicate both orally and written report form with people of all levels
• Proven ability for problem solving and creative practical skills
• Possess a degree in forensic science, other related qualifications and/or relevant experience in the field.
If you are interested in applying to this SCENE OF CRIME OFFICER role then please do not delay as interviews will be held 28th-30th August 2018.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £11,227.81 plus 10% Shift Allowance pro rata and 10% On Call Allowance pro rata
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.