Safeguarding Engagement Coordinator
A Safeguarding Engagement Coordinator is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract paying up to £25,964.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Leeds.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Safeguarding Engagement Coordinator with BTP you will ensure the identification and reporting of safeguarding related risks and vulnerabilities re children and vulnerable adults who come to notice of BTP.
As a Safeguarding Engagement Coordinator you will be required to:
- Transform BTP’s responses to a multi-agency approach, working closely with senior managers and other professionals in Local Authorities, police Forces, Health sectors, the railway industry and third sector organisations
- Maintain accurate confidential and decision making records on all safeguarding matters and complete data and information management requirements
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children, young people and adults, raising concerns as appropriate
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Safeguarding Engagement Coordinator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous experience in legal or public facing position, dealing with both internal and external customers
- Personal time management and organisational skills, managing competing demands and setting priorities.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions, taking into consideration the impact of any outcome.
If you are interested in applying to this Safeguarding Engagement Coordinator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £25,964.30
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.