Finance & Business Information Officer
A Finance & Business Systems Officer is required for a permanent contract role paying up to £29,735.46 & £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Finance & Business Systems Officer with BTP you will design, develop and maintain all data models, their interfaces and reports upon which the entire Business Information function relies. These data models encapsulate financial reporting, management workforce reporting and ad hoc data interrogations.
As Finance & Business Systems Officer you will be required to:
- Fully support the preparation of the B-Division Transport for London financial reports and accounts by providing accurate and timely data that is pertinent to the reports and accounts and provide graphical reports that complement the financial and workforce reports.
- Understand and interpret requests for information from the Senior Management Team and compile appropriate reports through the accurate and timely evaluation of data from various BTP systems.
- Reconcile the payroll costs against establishment, and post any payroll adjustment journals when required.
- Post accruals and other journals at period end. Calculating and uploading forecasts onto the eFins accounting system.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Finance & Business Systems Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience in preparing financial reports, management reports and interrogation reports.
- Experience in creating and developing spread sheet reports and models in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of research and analysis of financial and management reports with ability to interrogate, develop and interpret data.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail with high levels of numeracy and practiced use of analysing.
If you are interested in applying to this Finance & Business Systems Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £29,735.46 & £2,570 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.