Insight Analyst (NDFU)
An Insight Analyst within the National Disruption Fusion Unit is required on a Permanent basis paying £30,478.11 plus £2,634 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
The National Disruption Fusion Unit was created in 2016, it is a forward-leaning team which merges BTP and Network Rail staff expertise with the objectives of reducing police related disruption on the railway network, identifying targeted improvements and delivering new and innovative analytical products with a view to preventing major disruption events before they occur. As an Insight Analyst you will responsible for this through utilising a broad skill set along with a range of analytical techniques and technologies to deliver such tactical and strategic insights.
As the NDFU Insight Analyst you will be required to:
- Support the design, development, implementation and maintenance of national strategic insight assessments for both BTP and NR
- Deliver the NDFU data strategy which includes the performance and intelligence reporting cycle for national disruption reporting
- Analyse a range of complex data sets from NR, Railway Safety Standards Board (RSSB), Train Operating Companies and BTP to develop strategic insights and recommendations based on the best available evidence
- Identify potential future risks relating to railway safety through predictive analysis and constant horizon scanning to both protect the travelling public and safeguard BTP and NR against risk
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful NDFU Insight Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification or work experience
- Experience of managing large sets of data and creating complex reports (both alone or as part of a team)
- Evidenced research and analytical experience
- Strong IT Skills including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications,
- Proven problem solving skills, the ability to develop innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
If you are interested in applying to the NDFU Insight Analyst role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £30,478.84 plus £2,634 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final Salary Pension
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
If you would like further information on this position please contact Cassandra Unger (NDFU Performance and Analysis Manager) directly via email Cassandra.Unger@btp.pnn.police.uk
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.