A Personal Assistant is required on a permanent and full time contract paying £23,893.06 per annum plus £2,634.25 London Allowance with British Transport Police based in Camden, London (NW1).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As a Personal Assistant you will provide professional, proactive and confidential secretarial support to a head of department, and administrative assistance to their management team, carrying out general office duties. This post will provide support to an Assistant Chief Constable and his support team which is comprised of a Staff Officer and an Executive Assistant.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous relevant PA/secretarial experience or extensive administrative experience.
- Experience of scheduling meetings and events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting annual salary of £23,893.06 per annum plus £2,634.25 per annum London Allowance.
- Yearly incremental pay progression up to £28,468.34 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.