Crime and Public Protection Administrative Assistant
A permanent Administrative Assistant is required within our Crime and Public Protection Department paying £20,117.19 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our FHQ in Camden.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Administrative Assistant with BTP you will establish and maintain the operational, administrative and technical efficiency of Crime and public protection department. You will also ensure that administration of the Department is carried out to the highest standards in line with ACPO and Other legal guidelines.
As Administrative Assistant you will be required to:
- Be responsible for booking accommodation and travel on behalf of the department, ensuring al requests are authorised and booked within force policy.
- Be responsible for managing the department’s intranet page.
- Use a variety of different computer systems to undertake your role including updating various databases.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Administrative Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to communicate both orally and in written report form, with people at all levels.
- Previous Administrative experience.
- Previous diary management and minute taking experience.
If you are interested in applying to this Administrative Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £20,117.19 plus £2,520 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.